Our Bulding Code
MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING/WORKING POLICY GUIDELINES BETWEEN RUIRU SUB-COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF KIAMBU AND VARSITY VILLE RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION (RUIRU/RUIRU EAST BLOCK 7)
The Memorandum agreed in 2015 as a policy guideline on the partnership of Ruiru Sub County and Varsity Ville Residents Association (Ruiru/Ruiru East Block 7) to facilitate implementation, requirement and enforcement.
• That Varsityville Estate is a controlled residential development medium density zone
• That only one (1 No.) dwelling house shall be approved per plot except Plots fronting the Eastern by pass (1st Row) where buildings can either be residential or commercial:;
• All buildings except those fronting the Eastern by pass (1st Row) shall comprise of ground floor and a maximum of one upper floor;
• Buildings fronting the Eastern by pass (1st row) shall comprise of ground floor and a maximum of two upper floors
• All other zones are single dwelling per plot zone and building will have ground floor and one upper floor. DSQ are accepted but they are single bedroomed units with only ground floor.
• All change of user application shall be accompanied by a “No objection” from the management committee of Varsity Ville Resident Association.
• That the association shall appoint its own Approval committee which shall review the building plans before they are submitted to Ruiru Sub county (such review shall bear a stamp from the Varsity Ville Resident Association recommending/not recommending approval of the building plans by the Ruiru sub-county of Government of Kiambu).