Membership Development and Communications Committee
The mission of the Communications Committee of the Varsityville Residents’ Association is to formalize and diversely disseminate messages that succinctly capture the mission, vision and strategic plan of the Association. The four pillars of this communication strategy are the relationships (network), dialogue (social media), mobilization (change management) and culture
There are two types of membership within the Association namely:
- Individual membership; and
- Corporate membership.
- All residents who own properties within Varsityville and are of the age 18 years and above are eligible to join the Association as members upon meeting the conditions as may be set by the Association from time to time.
- Every person desiring to become a member of the Association shall apply for membership in the prescribed form accompanied by the registration and subscription fee set by the Association from time to time. Such an application may be done by electronic means as may be directed by the Governing Council from time to time. The annual subscription fee shall be paid not later than the 8th day of January. The current subscription fees and registration fees are as follows:
- Individual membership subscription fees are Kshs 5,000 p.a and the registration fees are Kshs. 5,000 payables once; and
- Corporate membership subscription fees are Kshs 20,000 p.a and the registration fees are Kshs. 20,000 payables once.
- Members who have tenants living within their units shall pay a service charge as may be determined by the Governing Council from time to time, with respect to such tenants. Such tenants shall not be eligible to become members of the Association and shall not have any voting rights and shall not be eligible for an appointment in any office within the Association.
- Late payment may attract a penalty as may be set by the Governing Council from time to time.
- All applications for membership shall have to be approved by the Governing Council.
- All the Association’s officials while in office shall work on probono basis and their annual subscription fees will be waivered while in service.
- Any person shall cease to be a member of the Association under any of the following circumstances:
- Failing to pay the annual subscription fees for two (2) consecutive years;
- On voluntary resignation as prescribe here; and
- If they cease to own any property within Varsityville.
- Any person who resigns or is removed from membership shall not be entitled to a refund of his/her subscription fees or any part thereof or any amounts of money contributed by him/her at any time.
- Any member who falls into arrears with his/her annual subscription for more than two (2) years shall automatically cease to be a member of the Association and his/her name shall be struck off the register of Members. The Governing Council (GS) may, however, at its discretion, reinstate such member on payment of the total amount of subscription fees outstanding.
- Any member may be expelled from the Association if the Governing Council so recommends and if a general meeting of the Association shall resolve by a two-thirds majority of the members present that such a member should be expelled on the grounds that his/her conduct has adversely affected the reputation or dignity of the Association, or that he/she has contravened any of the provisions of the Constitution of the Association. The Governing Council shall have the power to suspend a member from his/her membership until the next general meeting of the Association following such suspension but notwithstanding such suspension, a member whose expulsion is proposed shall have the right to address the general meeting at which his/her expulsion is to be considered.